Monday, March 22, 2010

ERIC RANVEAU, White-on-Red, acrylic, #17




 

Eric was born in France, in 1966, in Chateauneuf sur Charente close to Bordeaux. Eric left his parents at age 15 to study art in Angouleme, France for three years. After graduation, he moved to Paris, France to study art in for another two years.



Eric participated in a number of exhibitions in France, and also sold some of his works in Sweden and Quebec. In July 2006, Eric moved to Canada and in March 2008 he met Bill Powell. Eric was asked to become a member of the Tiger Group and gladly accepted. In Canada, Eric has paintings in galleries as well as in private collections.



Artist’s Statement:

 “As far back as I can remember I have always had a pencil or a paintbrush in my hands.

What can I say about my style? Regarding my style of painting I have often been asked; ‘’Are you abstract or figurative?’’ My painting is actually a summary, I try to go straight to the essential when I paint. That is probably the reason that my work sometimes looks abstract, yet I don’t seek that effect, it just comes naturally. I am sure, however, that as a result of studying the history of art , I have also most likely been influenced by the great painters that I studied.”