Thursday, March 25, 2010

ROSS DREVENY, "The Cove", acrylic, # 27



 Ross Dreveny, a self-taught artist, was born in rural Saskatchewan but moved to Toronto when he was 10 years old. He currently resides in Cobourg. He has been painting for as long as he can remember and works in egg tempera on paper and acrylic on gesso board and canvas. Ross especially likes the spring when he can go sketching in the woodlands.

 His technique and temperament bring a quiet peacefulness to his work. His paintings can be found in private collections across Canada, the US and Europe.



Artist’s Statement:

  

“I take images from the world around me, and I enhance these with my imagination…I am just painting a dream…and being a very curious person I do not stick to any one theme...the only consistency in my work is the pursuit of excellence.”